God Painted a Pretty Picture

God Painted a Pretty Picture

Friday, August 17, 2012

My Crazy Life - So Far This Year

Proverbs 3:5-6   Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;  in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.





Hebrews 11:1  Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.
Jeremiah 29:11-13  For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

This year has been a crazy year and it's only the middle of August!!  I keep moaning that my life is not ever on an even keel.  It's always full of drama.  Lol (laughing out loud).  I have to remember:  we reap what we sow.

January 21st - Brent and I got back together.  I am so very thankful.

February 3rd - Brent had his second heart attack.  We found out his heart was enlarged and mush.  The doctor told him he needed to stop drinking and smoking. 

February 9th - Donny proposed to Katie.  :D (Big smile).

 

March 14th - The first anniversary of my dad's death.  Sometimes it still feels fresh.  Does a daughter ever get over the death of her dad?  Even if he wasn't really in her life much?

 

April 13th - My very first brand new car!  Of course that means a large car payment too... Oops.

April 28th/29th - April's Regional Track Meet in Abiline.  We are all so proud of her accomplishments in track!! 

 

May 19th - First Kristi and I went to an early service at church.  Then we met Rachel, Donny and Katie in Arlington(?) so Katie could look at the bridesmaid dresses on Rachel and Kristianna.  From there, we went to Kinkaid's for lunch.  Then it was back to Johnson County so Kristi could go get her hair done and I could go home.  From there, Cleburne.  It was time for Kristi's Senior Prom.  She looked absolutely beautiful.  She looked like a princess.  She and her best friend, Taylor, double dated with their respective boyfriends.  Several of us had fun taking pictures of the couples. 

 

 

May 31st - I had to stop Wimpy, my German Shepherd, from attacking our goat, Bob.  Then Jr, Brent and I had to go to Joshua High School for April's graduation.  Donny was there, plus several of Brent's family.  (Brent's family is very close - which is wonderful.)

 

June 1st - Kristianna's graduation from Cleburne High School.  Kristi's dad, aunt and uncle were there.  Of course Donny, April, Brent and I were there, as well as several of Brent's family.

 
 
July 3rd - Donny had an issue with choking, so he had to have minor surgery.  I stayed the night with him.  While I was with him in Dallas, my dog, Wimpy, was given away.  Wimpy had an issue with escaping from our fenced in area and then killing chickens, goats and finally a duck.  Wimpy had to go.  I'm still not over losing him.

 

July ? - Kristianna moved out.  My Princess Sweetpea is independent.  She and some friends are renting a house in Cleburne. 


 
July 18th - April finally told us she was pregnant.  I said "finally".  Yes, I had my suspicions.  You know, it's not what a parent wants for her unwed daughter/step-daughter.  But, what is done is done.  A baby is a precious gift from God.  Brent and I are looking forward to being grandparents, as are Shirley and Joe.  By the way, I'm hoping to be called Grammy Jo or Jojo.  I will accept "Dodo", pronounced "Doe-doe" if the baby can't say "Jojo".  If Brent has his way, I'll be called (ugh, hack, choke) "Granny".  Donny told me to just let the baby decide what to call me.

 

August 15th - Brent became job-less.  He applied for a truck driving job.  He needs his cardiologist to sign a release form.  Once that form is signed, he has the job.  The cardiologist refuses to sign it until Brent has the echocardiogram done.  It will show if there has been any improvement with the heart.  Brent's boss at the time called Brent and asked him if he had the job.  Brent told him that they were waiting for the doctor to sign the release.  So, Brent's boss told him to come in the next day and sign a form releasing him from the job.  Since the echocardiogram will not be done for 2 weeks, Brent is job-less.  He is filling out applications, though.

In the near future my beloved son, Donny, is moving to North Carolina.  September 7th, to be exact.  Then on November 10th, he is marrying his love, Katie, and they will begin their next adventure in life - marriage. 

 

My life continues to be an adventure.  No calmness.  But I know, that in the midst of the storm of my life, I can turn to God and have peace in the storm.  I know that God will get me through anything that is thrown in my path.  I know that God will provide for us. 

I AM BLESSED!
Keep Smiling!!  :)

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment