God Painted a Pretty Picture

God Painted a Pretty Picture

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Chauffer

Moms are very often chauffers.  I have been chauffering my children all over the place "forever".  Of course, now it's just my youngest daughter.... 
For a period of about one year, I was a chauffer to my step-daughter(s).  Originally it was just the one step-daughter.  Then it ended up being both step-daughters.  I mainly took them to work and picked them up from work.  Occasionally a doctor's visit was thrown in.  It used up a lot of gas and it put a lot of miles on my car.  I lost sleep doing this, therefore, I was sleepy a lot.  Sometimes I was even sleepy when driving home at night. 
BUT!  Being their chauffer meant I spent time with them.  A lot of the time it was one on one time.  We would talk about anything and everything.  Alcohol, friends, family, drugs, animals, work, school, boys, the past, etc.  I treasured those times with them. 
One time we took the oldest step-daughter to an appointment at Remington College.  She was checking into their Dental Assistant program.  On the way there, I-35W was blocked off because of a very serious/deadly wreck.  Little did I know that I-35W was going to be blocked off on our way home!!  What should have taken us maybe an hour to get home, actually took us 3-4 hours!!  BUT!  It was an adventure with the three girls!  We had to try to figure a way home.  The gps was not cooperating.  My hubby was not answering his phone.  It was an adventure for sure!! 
I would joke often about being a chauffer to the girls.  I fussed about the price of gasoline.  (It's ridiculously high.)  But again, I treasured those times with the girls. 
I AM BLESSED!!!
Keep Smiling!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment