God Painted a Pretty Picture

God Painted a Pretty Picture

Thursday, March 1, 2012

God Will Provide

"Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old, he will not depart from it." Proverbs 22:6

I have three wonderful children.  Seriously.  They are wonderful.  And like all wonderful children, they are each different and have each tried my patience, made me cry, made me laugh and made me proud.  I thank God for them EVERY day.
During most of their growing up years, I was a single mom.  I lived paycheck to paycheck.  Sometimes I wondered how far that paycheck would go, but God is good.  He always provided.
I often wondered if I was showing my children my love for, and faith in, God.  I worried often about what kind of example I was for my children.  I wanted to be a good example, but knew I often failed.
I kept my children in church all throughout their youth.  I honestly believe that is one of the best things a parent can do for their children... If, for some reason, we couldn't make it to church, we would have a little lesson study at home. As they became adults, they made the choice on whether or not to continue to go to church.
My son is a normal young man.  He is friendly, he loves his family, he is a hard-worker, etc.  Well, he stopped going to church.  He would hang out with his friends, go to ball games, go to clubs, drink a little here and there, etc.  Not a bad guy at all, but, I worried about him - that he lost his love for Christ.  I kept praying.
Then he started going to church with friends of ours, became on fire for Christ and was re-baptized.  He then decided he wanted to go on a mission trip to Tanzania.  He, with help, raised the funds necessary for the trip.  He actually raised enough money to pay his bills while he was gone, which was a special blessing, because he had not mentioned to anyone that while he was gone, he would not receive a paycheck from work.  After it was announced at church how much money had been raised for the Tanzania trip, and that my son's bills would be covered while he was gone, one of the church members asked my son, "Why didn't you tell anyone that you wouldn't be getting a paycheck while you were gone?".  My son answered, "My mom taught me: 'God will provide'."
Wow. He WAS paying attention!!!
I AM BLESSED...
Keep Smiling!!  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment