God Painted a Pretty Picture

God Painted a Pretty Picture

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Our Christian Life....Part One

1 John 5:1414 This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.

There's the kicker - if we ask anything according to His will - that's when He hears us.  I can pray until I'm blue in the face, etc, but if it's not according to God's will, I'm wasting my time and God's time.  In so many ways it's hard to accept that my way/will isn't His.  I know that God knows best, that it's best to wait on His will to be done, in His time, but even though I know it, I most often don't accept it.   You would think that I would have learned by now the results of not waiting on God's will to be done. But I haven't, so therefore, I need to change.

James 5:9 Don’t grumble against one another, brothers and sisters, or you will be judged. The Judge is standing at the door!

I need to remember this verse - about not grumbling against others.  When we grumble we are not showing Christ's love.  When we grumble against others, we are taking from them - we are harming them by our mouth. That is not right.  It all goes back to guarding our thoughts and taming our tongues.

1 Peter 4:8 Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.

I believe when I act with love towards others, despite what they have done to me, said to me, etc, I receive a blessing - as long as I don't act like a martyr (one of my many sins) or feel proud of myself!  When we love others, we are showing Christ.  We shouldn't try to bring attention to our own "goodness".  It's all about Christ and HIS LOVE being spread.


I AM BLESSED!!!!
KEEP SMILING!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment