God Painted a Pretty Picture

God Painted a Pretty Picture

Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Clothes Our Girls Wear

"Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes.  Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight." 1 Peter 3:3-4

Think about the girls/woman you see, at the store, the park, work, school, etc.  Wherever you are, wherever you go.  There are those who dress modestly, suggestively, becomingly, provocatively, outlandishly, etc.  There are MANY ways females dress. 

Now, I realize that the above Scripture is addressed towards wives, but don't you think it's applicable for all females to dress according to that Scripture?

I have daughters and nieces.  I also know several other young ladies whom I care about.  I've told my girls that they need to think about the image they are projecting when they get dressed.  If they show a lot of cleavage, or barely cover their bottoms, what is their appearance saying? 

Let's say a girl wears a shirt that shows a lot of cleavage.  A guy looks at her, approaches her and talks to her.  I can almost guarantee that he is not thinking about her in a "Oh, she looks like a nice girl.  I'd like to get to know her" kind of way.  Nope.  He's looking at her as a sex object, a piece of meat.  If a young lady is trying to attact a man, she needs to think: does she want a guy who will use her and throw her away, or does she want a guy who cares about her as a person, who is interested in more than just what he can get from her?   

Girls need to understand that dressing provocatively DETRACTS from their real beauty.  In fact, dressing provocatively makes them look trashy.  I don't want MY girls dressing like slut puppies.  I want them to dress becomingly, with modesty.  They need to understand they can dress to enhance their real beauty without showing their bodies. 

But you know what really gets me?  The mothers who take their daughters shopping and buys them the slutty outfits.  WHAT are these mothers thinking?!  What are they teaching their daughters?!  I'm sorry, but I just want to knock these mothers upside the head and tell them "Get a grip!  What about teaching your daughter how to dress decently instead of like a little hooker?!"

All girls need a big brother like the one my girls have.  He wants his sisters to dress with propriety.  He jokes around in the summer with them "You better put a parka on over that bikini!".  But he's not joking when he tells them their shorts are too short, or their dress is too short, or they are not leaving the house wearing "that shirt".  He loves his sisters and he knows how guys think. 

Just a few thoughts....
I AM BLESSED!!!  Keep Smiling!! :)

3 comments:

  1. I agree 101%. To be honest, I think "good guys" are not looking for girls that dress too provocatively. Females who want a good guy shouldn't dress like they want a punk... If they do, that's exactly what they'll get.

    ReplyDelete