God Painted a Pretty Picture

God Painted a Pretty Picture

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Notes from Genesis

I have a morning devotional every morning.  This was from January 6, 2011...

Scripture:  "Arise, raise up the youth and support him with your hand, for I intend to make him a great nation." Genesis 12:18

My thoughts:  Hagar had put Ishmael under a bush to die because she ran out of food and water.  Then the Angel came and spoke to her this verse (among others).  This verse has several (or could have several) meanings.  It could be saying, "Help him up because he is weak".  Or, it could be saying, "You're going to raise your son to adulthood.  You are going to work to support him."  After all, she was a single mother now.  Check out the promise at the end of the verse: Ishmael was going to be a "great nation".  Don't you know that gave her hope?! 

Okay, so now it's May 14th.  As I read my notes I thought of something else.  For many years I was a single mother.  There were a few times I was low on food, but I always knew that God would provide.  Even if it was just beans, macaroni and oatmeal, we always had food.  Not only that, but our bills were paid.  God provided.  What does Scripture say?  Phil 4:19: "And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.".  He met all of our needs.  And He still does. 

I AM BLESSED!!     Keep Smiling  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment